At Enrapture we take the privacy of our members and supporters very seriously and we are committed to protecting your privacy online. In this Policy references to Enrapture or to "we" or "us" are to the Enrapture brand and its trading company. This statement explains the privacy and the data protection practices which apply to all websites operated by Enrapture and to its trading company Helen Of Troy Ltd, 1-4 Jessops Riverside, 800 Brightside Lane, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S9 2RX.
Our aim is to safeguard our users' privacy whilst providing a personalised and valuable service. Collecting personal information is necessary if we are to satisfy the expectations and requirements of our users, e.g. by communicating with them and providing an interactive service. We appreciate that you do not want the personal information you provide to us distributed indiscriminately and here we explain how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have.
What information do we collect?
We collect two kinds of information about our users:
- Non-personal information such as IP address (the location of the computer on the internet), pages accessed and files downloaded. This helps us to determine how many individuals use our sites, how many people visit on a regular basis, which pages are most popular, and which pages are least popular. This information doesn't tell us anything about who you are or where you live, it simply allows us to monitor and improve our service.
- Personal information such as name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth (where appropriate). We collect this information only in connection with specific activities, such as registration or membership requests, feedback, competition entries etc. The information is either needed to fulfil your request or to enable us to provide you with a more personalised service by analysing or reviewing the information that you provide to ensure that we give you access to or send you the information that you are interested in. You don't have to disclose any of this information to browse our sites. However, if you do choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
How is the information used?
- Fulfil your requests, for example to:
- Enter you in contests or competitions;
- Notify you of competition results;
- E-mail you with updates and news;
- Respond to your questions, comments or other communications;
- Register you for certain features;
- Provide personalised content, information
- Identify contributors
- Identify contributors and record any contact we have with you;
- Prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our websites and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf;
- In aggregate (and therefore anonymously) to profile your use of the websites and carry out research on our users' demographics, interests and behaviour to help us gain a better understanding of how our users navigate and use the websites, and to enable us to improve our service to you; and
- Provide you with information which we think may be of interest to you, as explained below.
As well as using personal information to fulfil requests, we also like to keep our supporters informed about Enrapture’s activities and promotions or about updates to our sites and the activities of our trading company Helen of Troy Ltd. By registering you will generally be agreeing to receive mailings, emails or text messages from Enrapture but have the right not to receive this information.
If you do not agree to receive such information (whether by entering a competition or otherwise), or later decide that you no longer wish to be contacted, you can let us know by e-mailing: Unsubscribe@enrapturehair.com. If we contact you by email, each time you receive a message you will also have the option to decline to receive further information from us in that manner.
Where necessary, we may use other companies to provide services on our behalf, including packaging, mailing and delivering purchases, answering customer's questions' about products or services, sending postal mail, e-mails and text messages, analysing data and processing credit card payments.
- We will only provide those companies with the information they need to deliver the service and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
- We require all such companies to treat your personal information as fully confidential and to fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation.
- We may disclose aggregate statistics about our site visitors, customers and sales in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
- We may disclose personal information if we receive a complaint about any content you have posted or transmitted to or from one of our sites, if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of Enrapture, its sites or its visitors.
- Except as indicated above we will not use or transfer this data to any third parties without your prior permission.
Do we collect information about children?
If you are under 18 you must also obtain your parent or guardian's permission before you register with us.
We may from time to time provide links that will enable you to access the websites of third parties directly from this website. Such third party sites are not under our control and, unless otherwise stated, no contribution is made by us to the content of such websites.
When you click through to these sites you leave the area controlled by us, so we cannot, therefore, accept responsibility for any issues arising in connection with either the third parties' use of your data, this websites' content, or the products or services offered to you by these sites. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to prohibit any link from another internet site to materials or information on this website.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our supporters, customers and users.
We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal data under our control and use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to user information and our database is hosted in a secure data centre.
However, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure so we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
We cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur, but we use our best efforts to prevent this.
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes track information about you. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you should be able to change your browser to prevent that.
You should read the information that came with your browser software to see how you can set up your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, this should then give you the opportunity to decide whether to accept it. However, you may not be able to take full advantage of a website if you do so.
Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means they cannot be used to track your movements around the web.
Cookies can be used for a variety of purposes, such as providing personalised pages, but at present, we use them only to work out how many people visit our sites.
Further information about cookies can be found at the Interactive Advertising Bureau's website www.allaboutcookies.org.
Where is the information stored?
Information which you submit via our websites is sent to a computer located in the United Kingdom. This is necessary in order to process the information and to send you the information you have requested.
Information submitted by you may be transferred by us to our other offices and to other reputable third party organisations as referred to in this Policy, and these may be situated outside the European Economic Area.
Your acceptance of this Policy
If you do not agree to this Policy, please do not use our sites or enter our competitions.
Any personal information submitted via our websites or by text is treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. To find out more about your entitlements under this legislation, visit the Information Commissioner's website: or read the Act online.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable.
Helen Of Troy Ltd
1-4 Jessops Riverside, 800 Brightside Lane
Sheffield, South Yorkshire